Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoDaddy Sells Domain Name

According to the news from Domain Forum of China on May 18th,according to whois records, GoDaddy’s newly acquired domain name which it acquired with the $28 Million purchase of Marchex domain name portfolio has been sold! Update: GoDaddy has confirmed the sale (see below)

The domain has changed registrants this morning to a Ivy Wong at eName Technology Co.,Ltd

Beijing is the capital of China with a population of over 21 million people. sold for a confirmed “seven figure deal” in 2012. sold for $5 Million in 2000

There have been several publicly reported GEO domain name sales in the seven figures and I see this one ranking with them if the price is ever reported.

The domain name is resolving to domain name broker George Hong’s, so I have reached out to George to see if he sold the domain or has any details of the transaction but he was unable to comment. That is a common response when a non-disclosure agreement is in place.

I have also reached out to GoDaddy to see if they can share any details and will update this breaking story when or if I hear back.

Update: Paul Nicks from GoDaddy has confirmed the sale of He did state that George had a hand in the transaction but can not disclose the price paid on the domain but stated “everyone is happy how it turned out”.

Really great domain name and congrats go out to both the buyer, George and GoDaddy!
very good !
I like
Oh well. Thanks for sharing this!
Good News